The hemp and CBD sectors have not undergone major changes in the last few years and it is likely this will continue for the foreseeable future. However, the government’s far-right coalition that won elections in September 2022 might introduce tougher regulations that could limit the development of the Italian market.
This report provides a detailed overview of the current regulatory framework in place for CBD, hemp and cannabis, covering everything from hemp cultivation and processing, to CBD extracts and products, and the country’s cannabis regime.
Reasons to buy
A CannIntelligence regulatory report will provide you with:
- A clear and detailed understanding of current regulatory requirements affecting this sector in a specific jurisdiction, enabling you to be confident your business and your products are compliant.
- The ability to plan ahead for specific regulatory changes.
- Strategic understanding of the policy climate within the jurisdiction, enabling you to forecast how it might affect business development.
- Sources of further information, for example, links to full texts of legislation and contact details for relevant government offices.
Table of contents
- Executive summary
- The hemp plant
- Extracts and synthetics
- Finished products containing CBD and extracts
- Import and export requirements
- Minor cannabinoid
- Medical cannabis
- Recreational cannabis
- Relevant laws
- Relevant bodies
Our research is completely independent and original. It is conducted by CannIntelligence’s multilingual legal analysis team, all specialists in this sector, and goes through a rigorous review and editing process before publication. Research draws on multiple sources, including: online and offline resources and data, specialist legal software, our own extensive databases and report archives, interviews with key stakeholders and government officials, and collaboration with local legal firms and on-the-ground professionals in the jurisdictions covered.