As the stigma of cannabis use in the US diminishes, many state governments are offering an alternative to adults who wish to consume outside of their home. Despite the growing number of states that have legalised recreational cannabis, consumers have been left with very few options of where they can legally exercise their right to consume. In many states, the only place that adults can legally consume is inside their own home, which might not even be possible for tenants who are prohibited under their rental agreement. Additionally, tourists were often left without a legal place to consume.
This report examines the regulation of these consumption spaces in states that have legalised recreational cannabis.
Reasons to buy
This CannIntelligence regulatory report will provide you with:
- A clear and detailed understanding of current regulatory requirements affecting this sector in a specific jurisdiction, enabling you to be confident your business and your products are compliant.
- The ability to plan ahead for specific regulatory changes.
- Strategic understanding of the policy climate within the jurisdiction, enabling you to forecast how it might affect business development.
- Sources of further information, for example, links to full texts of legislation and contact details for relevant government offices.
Table of contents
- Executive summary
- State-by-state regulation
Our research is completely independent and original. It is conducted by CannIntelligence’s multilingual legal analysis team, all specialists in this sector, and goes through a rigorous review and editing process before publication. Research draws on multiple sources, including: online and offline resources and data, specialist legal software, our own extensive databases and report archives, interviews with key stakeholders and government officials, and collaboration with local legal firms and on-the-ground professionals in the jurisdictions covered.