Canada permits the cultivation, production, distribution, and sale of hemp, cannabis, and products derived from them, but only by those licensed to do so by the government. Although Canada has established a legal – though highly regulated – market for cannabis and CBD products, it is looking for ways to expand access to the legal market.
This report provides detailed analysis of the regulatory framework in place in Canada for CBD and other cannabinoids, hemp, and cannabis (both recreational and medical), covering everything from cultivation and licensing to finished products, import/export and legal proposals and political initiatives.
Reasons to buy
This CannIntelligence regulatory report will provide you with:
- A clear and detailed understanding of current regulatory requirements affecting this sector in a specific jurisdiction, enabling you to be confident your business and your products are compliant.
- The ability to plan ahead for specific regulatory changes.
- Strategic understanding of the policy climate within the jurisdiction, enabling you to forecast how it might affect business development.
- Sources of further information, for example, links to full texts of legislation and contact details for relevant government offices.
Table of contents
- Executive summary
- Hemp plant
- Extracts as finished product
- Finished products containing CBD and extracts
- Import and export
- Minor cannabinoids
- Medical cannabis
- Recreational cannabis
- Relevant laws
- Relevant bodies
Our research is completely independent and original. It is conducted by CannIntelligence’s multilingual legal analysis team, all specialists in this sector, and goes through a rigorous review and editing process before publication. Research draws on multiple sources, including: online and offline resources and data, specialist legal software, our own extensive databases and report archives, interviews with key stakeholders and government officials, and collaboration with local legal firms and on-the-ground professionals in the jurisdictions covered.