Despite a lack of clarity, CBD pouches are currently most likely to fall under a general consumer regime, considering the existing EU legal framework. Pouches as an overall product potentially sit between several regulatory regimes due to their intrinsic characteristics, meaning there is a significant degree of uncertainty and EU members states have made their own independent decisions.
This report provides discussion on the various ways in which these products could be regulated at EU level, as well as how the regulations could change following the review of the Tobacco Products Directive.
Reasons to buy
This CannIntelligence regulatory report will provide you with:
- A clear and detailed understanding of current regulatory requirements affecting this sector in a specific jurisdiction, enabling you to be confident your business and your products are compliant.
- The ability to plan ahead for specific regulatory changes.
- Strategic understanding of the policy climate within the jurisdiction, enabling you to forecast how it might affect business development.
- Sources of further information, for example, links to full texts of legislation and contact details for relevant government offices.
Table of contents
- Executive summary
- How are CBD pouches currently regulated?
- What does the future hold?
Our research is completely independent and original. It is conducted by CannIntelligence’s multilingual legal analysis team, all specialists in this sector, and goes through a rigorous review and editing process before publication. Research draws on multiple sources, including: online and offline resources and data, specialist legal software, our own extensive databases and report archives, interviews with key stakeholders and government officials, and collaboration with local legal firms and on-the-ground professionals in the jurisdictions covered.